To promote an equitable, inclusive, child-centered learning community.
1. Represent and serve all families
2. Foster community
3. Supplement the learning environment
Our accomplishments in 2017-2018
Funds raised by the PA increased by more than 20% each year since inception in 2015.
• Income by year:
2017-2018 PA Sponsored Events:
• RBS Fall Family Picnic
• PreK Olympics
• Field trips for each grade ($10 per child)
• RBS Movie Night
• 125 for PS125 Pledge Drive Fundraiser
• Book Culture Book Fair Fundraiser
• Columbia University Bake Sale Fundraiser
• 5th Grade Prom
• Book Nook Donations
• Free childcare and dinner provided at monthly PA meetings
• 5th Grade Graduation Lunch and Awards
• Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
• Custodial Appreciation Gifts
• Field Day
• Spring Festival (our Spring Festival raised $4,229 this year! The most of any Spring Festival to date.)
• Girls Soccer Team Championship Lunch
Our accomplishments in 2016-2017
- Provide childcare and pizza for all PA meetings.
- Organized and sponsored fall Family Day.
Providing an opportunity for RBS families to get to know each other and enjoy beautiful Morningside park together.
- Opened the BOOK NOOK on the 2nd floor for upper grades.
Due to lack of a library in the building, the PA built a library in the hallway to promote joy of reading.
- Family Photo Fundraiser
A family portrait photo session led by Sheena H (RBS family) which raised $335.
- 10 day Move-a-thon fundraiser.
Promoting excercise and making healthy choices which raised $6,163. The cost was $647, for total profit of $5,516.
- Wrote and received a $1,200 garden grant.
Providing garden equipment to our Life Garden.
- Sponsored Women’s Forum.
Providing an opportunity for scholars to meet powerful women in the neighborhood.
Empowering all girls to be who they are.
- Requested District 5 office in this building to relocate.
Creating more space for our kids at PS125.
- Mom’s night out.
Connecting/bonding moms outside of school.
- Teacher appreciation luncheon.
Showing our appreciation by serving lunch to our teachers and staff.
- Garden volunteer days.
Providing an opportunity for families to experience the school garden and work with soil.
- Created the LIFE Garden sign
Gio (RBS family) created an oil painted garden sign.
- #publicschoolproud T-shirts.
Promoting and celebrating our school.
- Spring Festival
Providing an opportunity for our school community and beyond to come together to have fun and experience school pride. Raised awareness of #publicschoolpride. We raised $2372.75, with cost of $1133.25. Total profits $1239.50.
Parents Association Officers 2018 - 2019
President: Petrushka Bazin Larsen
Vice President: Anna Hindell
Treasurer: Tania Ochoteca
Secretary: Sheena Hoar
Title 1 rep: To be elected
School Leadership Team
Petrushka Bazin Larsen
Community Education Council District 5